16 August 2009

Purple & Green Pincushion

A while back, I made up an assortment of small crazy quilt blocks to work on. I've been trying to complete them and decided to turn this one into a functional pincushion, meaning there aren't a lot of beads or fancy stitching leaving lots of room for pins. The square only allowed a 7" circle so it's not quite as fat as most of my pincushions.

Purple Green pincushion WIP 2
I added a few silk ribbon embroidery flowers and leaves but left all the seams with just plain stitching in pearl cotton. Wouldn't you know, I can't find the trim for the base that I wanted to use! Hopefully it will show up in a day or two and I can get this finished!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails