11 September 2011
Lap Afghan Finished!
One of my goals this year was to complete a number of unfinished projects. I'm making good headway and am so happy to have another large project completed! I started this lap afghan last year from some wool from my mother's weaving stash. I'm a slow knitter, so it's doubly satisfying to see a large project like this get finished!
The lap afghan measures 34" x 44". Just the right size to curl up with in a chair while reading (or stitching)!
Trying to plan this project was the hardest part as I knew I had a limited amount of yarn to work with and wanted to make the most of it. I ended up using the yarn calculator on Ravelry to help plan. For the most part, it worked fairly well. I didn't end up with the square afghan I was hoping for, but the size still works out great, so I'm happy with it!
With hindsight, I'd have planned the borders a bit differently so they came out the same width on all sides. But I started off with a narrow border on the leading edge and so I finished with a narrow one on the top edge as well (though it's two rows short of the leading edge as I ran out of yarn!), while both sides are a bit wider. I ended up with just a foot or two extra of yarn! I still need to block it, but that's a job for tomorrow!
Hello Friends! I'm back! It's been a long break from blogging, but I'm ready to post regularly once again! My exciting ne...