Do you remember this piece? I started this in August 2008 and "completed" it in October that same year. Originally, I had intended to mount it around a piece of foam core and used some Moire Satin to frame it, but it never seemed quite right somehow and so it languished, unfinished in a box until this week.
I changed the moire satin to a textured rayon/linen mix that fit the piece better. Again, I tried mounting it on a piece of foam core, but it just didn't look right. So I started looking at frames and found this one at IKEA that turned out to be the perfect size with the glass removed. Another project to cross off my list!
Here it is, hanging in place in the bathroom.
One last look at it in unfiltered daylight, showing it's truer colors.
FYI, when I created this piece, I did a tutorial on how it was pieced. The first try ended up being too dark and somehow the layout of colors wasn't quite right, so that piece ended up being turned into the Sea Dreams Pincushions (and the CD Pincushion Tutorial) that have gotten much attention since then. The links to the tutorials are in the side bar.