18 February 2009

Gypsy Rose

My part on Gerry's block is now finished! I copied the rose from some vintage linens with a few modifications in color and leaf placement. Then I added some wandering vine around the rose to finish the patch off.

Gerry's block
The butterfly bead was looking a little lost, so I added a trail of irredescent threads. It fills in the space nicely, giving it interest without adding too much weight visually to the corner.

Gypsy Jewels block
Gerry saw the in-progress photos and has now named her block "Gypsy Jewels"! While it took me a while to get started on this block, once I got going on it, it has been so much fun to work on! I think I need to work with brighter colors a little more often!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails